The Conference of Naval Associations (CONA) is a loose federation of like-minded naval associations who believe in working together for the benefit of their members.
Membership is free on application to the Secretary, or chair of the Working Group. CONA is about more intelligently working together to gain benefits, reduce costs and open up opportunities; merger is officially off the agenda and is not discussed, in order to protect the individual nature and freedom of each association.
The Conference meets twice a year and all members can attend (or not) and there are two Working Groups a year, where the real work of the Association gets done.
The key projects for CONA are currently:
· Establish a full register of all naval associations, with contact details, web details etc
· A geographical register which will show where all branches of all naval associations meet.
· A website to host the registers (kindly sponsored by SF(UK)).
· Cost reduction:
- Legal fees
- Sound engineer
- Investment advice
· Benefits for members
- Partnership with The UK Holiday Group
- BUPA scheme
- Others in the pipeline.
· A minor role in advocacy if all members agree the line to take.
· A presence on social media at some point
There is no structure or constitution, other than the election of a Chair, Chair of the working group and CONA secretary once a year.
If you're looking to find an association
Our 'associations' page will help you find an organisation by name or geography.
If you're an association wishing to register with CONA
Please visit our registration page.
There is no obligation on member associations and they can leave at any time. The Second Sea Lord has kindly agreed to act as ex officio President of the Conference.
The following Naval Associations are part of CONA: